General Data Protection Regulation
At The Life Sciences Division Ltd (“TLSD”) we recognise that one of our fundamental responsibilities is to ensure that we protect the information entrusted to us by our clients, our website visitors and all those with whom we meet and communicate. This is critical not only for the maintenance of TLSD’s reputation but also for meeting the extensive legal and regulatory requirements which are imposed upon it to safeguard its customers and maintain orderly markets. We also believe it is important to be transparent as regards our information handling.
Information collected through the website
TLSD does not generally seek to identify our website visitors or collect information regarding their use of this site. In order to improve our website, we may track which pages you visit and for how long, but we will not use this information to identify you personally.
Where website visitors do provide us with information about them, such as through research registration or contact us forms, we will only use it for the stated purposes and ensure that it is only available to those with a legitimate need to have access to it. Where website visitors wish to provide us with information relating to other individuals, they must obtain prior consent from the people concerned.
TLSD processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
You are not required to provide any personal information to access our website. However, if you contact us, we may collect and process the following data from you:
– Telephone number
– Email address that you provide should you choose to subscribe to our newsletter via our website
– Office address
We also collect information in the below ways:
– Meeting notes
– Information you have shared with us
– Published data
– Business cards you have given us
– Conference calls and phone calls including social media or instant messaging apps
– CVs and/or application letters you have sent us
– Cookies (please refer to the Cookies section) and social listening
Privacy of communications
Please note that, for business purposes and in order to monitor compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, we reserve the right – where permitted by local law - to review the content of communications such as emails and any instant messages passing through our IT systems, and to record telephone calls routed via our telephone systems or conferencing systems such as Skype, Zoom or Cisco. We will only do so, however, to the extent permitted by local laws. Kindly bear this in mind when communicating with our staff.
We reserve the right to share your information within TLSD and with affiliates, as well as with the Group’s agents and service providers as permitted by law. We will not otherwise share your personal information with external third parties without your consent, except where required or permitted by law.
When making the disclosures referred to above, we may transfer your information to countries which have a lower standard of data protection than in your home jurisdiction. Wherever practicable, however, we will require the recipients to provide an appropriate level of protection for your information.
The purposes and reasons for processing your organizational or personal data are detailed below:
– To enable us to communicate with you to provide market insights and industry information which we believe will be of interest to you (i.e. “research report”)
– To enable us to communicate with you to inform you about our projects/deals/transactions
– To enable us to operate our website smoothly and efficiently to give you a good user experience
– To enable us to effectively use 3rd party services such as Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, Microsoft, Eventbrite or any similar types of service providors.
Further Information / Complaints
If you have any concerns or require any further information or wish to lodge a complaint, please do not hesitate to direct your enquiry to either Alia or Dominic at:
The Life Sciences Division Limited
10 Fitzroy Square,
London, W1T 5HP
Phone: +44 20 7 874 1890